HIRTA public transit service provided under contract by:
Boone County Public Transportation
328 Snedden Drive, Boone, IA 50036-0032
Telephone: (515) 432-5038
Fax: (515) 432-6142Hearing Impaired: (800) 735-2942 TDD or (800) 735-2943 Voice
- Coordinated school shuttle: $3.50 one-way trip
- Anywhere within Boone County: $5.00 one-way trip
- Boone County to/from Ames: $10.00 one-way trip (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Special group trips: $40.00 per hour (subject to the federal charter regulations)
General Public Shuttle Fares
These shuttles are subsidized with outside funding in order to provide residents of Boone County with affordable transportation outside of our normal service area. Shuttles are open to the general public and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Boone County to/from Des Moines: Tuesday and Thursday, $10.00 round trip
Night, Weekend & Holiday Fares
The following night, weekend, and holiday rates apply for all rides taken outside normal operating hours. Availability of night, weekend, and holiday trips is subject to driver availability, and must be arranged at least one week in advance.
- Night and Weekend: $50.00 per hour
- Holiday: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas $60.00 per hour
Tickets are available for $3.50, $5.00, and $10.00 trips. Tickets come in books of 10 and can be purchased at the BCT office (328 Snedden Drive Boone, Iowa)
Cancellations and No Shows
Ride cancellations must be called in to Boone County Public Transportation at least 30 minutes in advance of the scheduled pick-up time or the passenger will be charged the full fare for the trip. If the bus arrives at the pickup location and the rider is not there or does not board the bus, then a “no show” charge equal to the full fare cost will be billed directly to the customer.
7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
For more information on transportation services in Boone County, please call or visit Boone County Transportation at (515) 432-4618